Saturday, April 21, 2012

"I can do it MYSELF!"

Meet Taylor "I can do it MYSELF" Bench!




She takes her clothes off at will. She tries to flush whole toilet paper rolls down the toilet. She can do everything by HERSELF, thank you very much. But she is also entering such a fun stage. She recognizes and can sing most of the words to her favorite songs: Spongebob Squarepants, I Love to See the Temple; Hakuna Matata, I am a Child of God, 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed. She is so funny and so dang smart. She says her own prayers. She prays every night for her food, the bathrooms on the airplanes... (she is excited about our trip to KS) and for her grandma and grandpa and nana and grandpa. Everything else is sketchy.

Here are some common phrases lately around our house.

"I got it." (When Mom says, "don't do such and such... you got it?)

"Mom, I can hold MY OWN hand, so I don't get lost."

"But Mom... what I gonna do?!" (insert hysterical tears)

"Do you HEAR me?"

"Mom... I SO PROUD of you for going potty! Now you get CANDY!"

"That's AMAZING/BEAUTIFUL/SO NEAT!"

"You made a mess. Now you got to stand in the corner. RIGHT NOW."

"GOOD MORNING MOM! I can get up now?"

"Where did the sun go? Just behind the cloud? It will be right back?"


"COME ON ASPEN YOU CAN DO IT!"


"It's getting LATE!"

"I want a shower by MYSELF! GO AWAY MOM!"

You crazy girl. Good thing we love you .

1 comment:

  1. I love how she prays for the bathrooms on airplanes...lol.

    ReplyDelete