Monday, June 11, 2012

Camping

We have been lucky enough to go camping the last two weekends.

 The first weekend, Taylor and Adam spent the night and I went home. I was going to Idaho Falls to meet up with some friends and left early Saturday morning.

This past weekend Adam was in Casper but Taylor and I went up and dad met us up there around 8:00. We spent the night, went on a little walk the next morning, had lunch and packed up. It had been raining off and on and we decided we had better get out of there before it got too muddy.

I love to camp. I love being away from it all and sitting by the fire for hours. I love how excited Taylor and Aspen get when they have free reign to run and dig and get dirty.

As I was sitting by the fire Saturday I felt overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all of my blessings. I have a husband who loves me and takes great care of our family. I have a little girl that thinks I am the whole world. We have a dog, a house, a beat up Chevy and an old trailer that we pull around and park in the woods because we think it's cool. We aren't fancy and we aren't rich, but I love that our truck has dents, our trailer has a leak, and that my toddler thinks it's cool to take off her pants ANYWHERE... aka the sand box at the park. Really?!

There are things I wish were different, things I wish I could change, but overall I think I got a steal of a deal when they were handing out lives. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awe...I love it, too. I love being in the woods with just Brad and Madelynne and thinking how life can't get any better than this. :) Can't wait to see you in a little over a week!

    ReplyDelete