Friday, February 15, 2013

February and 36 weeks!

Hey don't judge me... once a month is my goal and it's a good goal :)

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and boy did I get spoiled by the husband. I mean, check out these flowers! And yes, that is a credit care for love with no credit limit and no expiration date. :)

Adam surprised me and took me to the Flying Saddle last night for a special Valentine's Dinner. He made reservations and even called a baby sitter! We had a lot of fun just relaxing and chatting during our four-course meal. It was so nice just to get out of the house. Lately, we have been doing things we normally don't do, "before the baby comes."

Well, if he keeps spoiling me like this, this baby may NEVER be born LOL.

Speaking of Baby, she is going to be here before we know it. Today marks 36 weeks for us so another 4 to go and she will (hopefully) be here. This pregnancy has been so different than my first; I have been much sicker/more tired, have had CONSTANT heartburn, and aches from about month 4. I have also had the swelling so many people talk about that I never experienced with Taylor. I don't know if these symptoms are exacerbated because I am chasing a toddler or maybe I don't remember them being this bad with Taylor because I am blessed with a mom's memory now,... but I don't think that is the case.

This baby just FEELS different than Taylor. I might be crazy, but she seems to have a calmer, more laid back personality. She moves and wiggles, but it's all pretty slow and gentle... not like the crazy crack movements Taylor had that had my stomach bouncing all over the place. We are so excited to meet this gentle little girl. :) Her sister CAN NOT WAIT until she is born. She constantly "talks" to baby, which usually means she asks my stomach questions and waits for me to answer in a very high, unlike my normal voice voice as I pretend to be " Baby." She tells Baby that when she gets bigger she can go sledding with Taylor/watch Spongebob with Taylor/play with her dolls/go on rides/sleep on the trampoline/make treats/play with playdough/take a bath, etc. There is NO END to all the fun things Taylor is ready to show this baby girl. She looks for sympathy (Baby, my mom is SO MEAN) and tells her good morning and good night. She is so funny. I am excited for her to be a big sister and I get the feeling she will be a lot of "help."

The next few weeks should go quickly for us, however, and I'm excited about that. We have the Youngest Youngs coming up to party with us this weekend, an early anniversary trip planned for Adam and I,  and a few other things that will make the next month fly by. And we still have lots to do to get ready... like we realized the other night we should probably get some diapers and wipes :) You know, the important stuff. :)

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erika, have you ever read, Julius, the Baby of the World by Kevin Henkes? :) I just thought of that book while I was reading your post. I'm sure that Taylor will stay the best big sister though, it just made me laugh. So excited for you to have number two!

    ReplyDelete