Friday, October 7, 2011

Do you quit?

So I have been thinking about doing some drastic things in my life.
Here they are, in no particular order:

1.Either deleting semi-friends on facebook or just leaving facebook all together

2. Starting to blog

3. Deleting my blog.

So how do you like that? Let's start with #1.

1. Deleting friends on facebook/leaving all together:
I tried deleting friends on facebook, but now you have to do it one at a time and after one (sorry if you were that person) I decided it is too much work to delete friends. (Should that even be a criticism? Not sure). So because it is so hard to delete friends and because frankly i'm over it and i spend too much time on facebook as it is, I am thinking about leaving it. And no, I don't want to join your google+ or anything like that...I'm not upgrading or trading over. Just leaving. Well, I am thinking about it. Today. Let's not get too hasty!

2. Starting to blog. yeah, that would be a change around here, right? I really wish I were better at sitting down and documenting what's going on in our lives (because I think we are pretty dang fun and interesting) but by the time I talk myself into sitting down and writing it all out, I am tired of blogging and then I have to find my camera and upload the pics... sigh. I know, it doesn't seem like all that much work but some days, it just is.

i decided to stop capitalizing did you notice? also too much work today.

3. deleting the blog: so this is another thing I've been thinking about. Should i delete the blog? that would get rid of a lot of 'blogger's guilt' but then i think i might feel more guilty about deleting it than just not keeping up with it. sixes you say? I agree. and look, i capitalized again! sometimes i think about blog posts and write them and then delete them because who wants to hear random rantings from this guy? (that would be a figurative "me".) but then how would I keep in touch with all of you fabulous people?

anyway... those are my random thoughts for today.
have you ever struggled with these random ideas? is it a seasonal thing or what?

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand about blogging being too much work. On some days, just posting a picture is way too much and I think my brain will explode with the complexity of the steps involved. And yes, we want to read about your adventurous days so write it down for us! Your stuff always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood it before.. but now that I work, I have to practically force myself to FB or blog. I totally understand now! With a crazy child it would be even harder! You do what's best for you, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Friend Swearika...don't delete. I'm with you on the facebook, don't care some much. But you could do what I do and just post pics. No words just pics and a sweet action title. I want to see your baby!!! I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging---It takes me forever to remain focused and motivated, so I've made the commitment to at least blog once a month. Then I wonder if I do blog, and I offend someone, even though they are my own thoughts...I don't know. It's a tricky situation when a blog is personal.

    Facebook--Don't delete it or leave it. Just spend "some" time on there. I like the pics of Taylor and knowing what is going on, and that's how we keep up with our family/friends. I agree, it can be a bit trivial to go through a "delete" people. Pooh.

    Miss you guys. :(

    ReplyDelete