Monday, November 7, 2011

Laundry Soap

So I think I am going to do it. I am going to make my own laundry soap. I found a recipe for the powder (not the gel) and I'm really excited about it. I want to see if it saves me money. Now I just have to get through the laundry soap I bought just so I could have the bucket to make my own soap in. So... we are looking at a few weeks, but still, it's exciting... right?

Have any of you made your own laundry soap? Do you like it?

Are you interested in making your own soap now too?

Adrianne, this means you :)

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that homemade laundry soup is amazing on your clothes and it doesn't clog up your washer. I actually cut out a recipe I saw once, determined to make some but...I just keep buying the store stuff. So it probably won't happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make laundry soap? If it works and really is cheapter let me know.

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I have made my own powder laundry soap. It saves a ton of money but there are 2 things I don't like about it.

    1) It doesn't smell fresh.

    2) Mine is made with shaved ivory soap, amongst other things, and I can only use it in hot washes because the soap buds don't melt otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie and Adrianne.... I will give you the recipe I have. Adrianne, I'm sure we could devise some way to make it smell good.... I will research it and let you know!

    ReplyDelete